Pixie Ice Cream Refrigerated Transport Depot
|Client:||Pixie Ice Cream|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Scope overview:||Design and construct a new refrigerated transport depot|
New depot puts Pixie Ice Cream in strong position
Pixie Ice Cream is a Toowoomba-based company behind the hugely successful Home Ice Cream franchise.
Pixie Ice Cream contracted Wiley to design and construct a new refrigerated transport depot in Sydney.
The new depot was to achieve excellent corporate presentation, greater efficiency in transport operations and energy consumption, and the capability to monitor refrigeration from the head office in Queensland. The design was to allow for 40 per cent future expansion.
- Designing the façade of the building to meet the requirements of a building covenant over the site
- Overcoming restrictions of a small site to maximise storage and throughput efficiencies and to minimise operating costs
- Designing to allow for a 40 per cent future expansion.
- Design of a building façade that appears more like an apartment complex than an industrial facility to meet the requirements of the building covenant
- Design of a two-storey office building featuring a reception, management offices, a lunch room and amenities, and a dispatch and operations centre
- Inclusion of 22 specialised parking bays for fast and energy-efficient load-out operations in which delivery vans ‘plug in’ to all-weather undercover facilities to maintain correct temperature during loading
- Inclusion of a specialised refrigeration system that allows management to quickly pinpoint and correct operating problems and to fine tune power consumption requirements from the head office in Toowoomba
- Design of a site and facility layout (and capacity within the computer system and mechanical services) that will enable a 40 per cent expansion in the future.
- Completion of all construction to meet the client’s objectives.
Wiley delivered an efficient refrigerated transport depot that enables Pixie Ice Cream to develop a larger, more profitable and transparent New South Wales operation, with plenty of scope for future expansion.